Friday, February 5, 2010

The Other Side of the Valley

I heard a song yesterday, a song that meant a lot to me throughout our adoption. It is so easy now that Yedidiya is in our arms, to say God is faithful and has everything under control. But hearing this song reminded me of the difficult times, the angry times, the downright devastatiting times we went through. The court failures, the paperwork delays, his illness. And I remember thinking at those times, "Why?".
Everyone has those times in life, and I know that it is impossible to see the end goal during those times. So standing on the other side, I felt called to offer encouragement to those of you going through a time like that in your life. This song got me through a lot and means a lot to me. It was hard to listen to at the time, but the truth it holds is what carried me through.
I hope you can find some comfort in it as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment