Thursday, January 13, 2011

Our Family Christmas (Part 1)!

A lot went into our first family Christmas. Picking out just the right presents, sticking to a budget (sort-of), decorating, anticipation... all for the world's most precious 1-year old, who won't remember one bit of it. So, as a good father, I had to remind Laura that this Christmas isn't about him, its about us!!! (He he he!)


I remember so well last year, when he wasn't home yet. Yes, it was Christmas, but there was a giant piece missing. Our son. This year, our entire family was in place. And what a joy it was. To see him open each present (which he now had figured out), play with each toy, and giggle and smile. It reminded me of Christmas when I was a kid. That joy was back, the excitement of opening presents. And not for me, for him. It now made sense what my parents had said for years before. I didn't need any gifts, I had everything I needed right there in front of me. My family. My beautiful wife. My precious son. Who could ask for anything more?




No comments:

Post a Comment