Wednesday, July 28, 2010

One Year Ago...

One year ago today, for the first time we heard the name Yedidiya and saw the face of the most precious, adoreable, and beautiful baby boy in the world. I still remember the call like it was yesterday, not 365 days ago. Laura was in the shower after working out and getting ready to go to her dentist's appointment. I was poking around waiting to take her when my phone rang. I saw the number and new it was AWAA. The feeling that overcame me was indescribable; I can still feel it a little now just thinking about it! Nicole was on the other end and gave us the wonderful news that we had a beautiful healthy one-month old boy. I remember the way she said his name and then having her spell it for us. I remember the sheer excitement that we shared. And I remember being speechless. Then I remember waiting for the email with his information and pictures. Of course we were at the dentist's office when the email came, but luckily she is a very good friend of ours, so the first time we laid eyes on him was at her desk back in her office! And he was perfect!!!

And since then, how he has grown! We were just commenting the other day how the baby is starting to disappear and he is beginning to look like a little man.


Thank you Father for one year ago bringing your perfect plan together by bringing Yedidiya to us. What a wonderful day!

1 comment:

  1. I love the two pictures!! What a year!! I get chills when I think of the excitement of that day!!!

    ReplyDelete